Education Equity Group, LLC Educational Services and Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by Education Equity Group ("Education Equity Group, LLC"). This Privacy Statement applies to all of our applications and related services (“Services”) that link to this privacy statement, including but not limited to Virtual Innovation Academy, VIA Scholars, VIA K-12 Platform, Education Equity Group Family Engagement ScoreTM, EEG Center and MAXED ONLINE LEARNING. Additional privacy information and terms may apply depending on which Services you use, as noted below. For clarity, residents of the EEA are deemed to have acknowledged (rather than agreed to) this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes your name, email address, and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service or interact with our help staff.
- Information provided to us by your administrator: The administrator for your production may provide us with your phone number.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our Services, your interactions with us, as well as information regarding your computer, mobile device or other device used to access our service. This information includes:
- your activity on the Services, including feature use and content access;
- details of your interactions with our help desk, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers;
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
Use of Information
We use information to provide, analyze, administer, and enhance our Services, to process your registration, to facilitate communications between Services users working on a production together, to facilitate Services users working on a production together to share information (including content) with each other, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. We also use information for: troubleshooting; audit logging; to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including unauthorized access to content; and to generate usage statistics. Note that when you use communication or sharing features, you will be disclosing information to others (such as your name and email).
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- The Education Equity Group, LLC family of companies: We share your information among the Education Equity Group, LLC family of companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our Services; providing support to application users; making decisions about service improvements; production management; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide communications, infrastructure and IT services, to optimize our service, to provide help desk services and related support, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service). In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Applications supporting the Services: Depending on the Services you use, you may be provided with access to various Google applications (such as Google Drive). If the Service you are using is supported by one or more Google applications, you may be prompted to agree to applicable Google terms and privacy policies. You may also be prompted to allow Google to access certain applications. If you do not agree to the Google terms or to allow access when prompted, you will be unable to use certain Services.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Services. Educational services are provided for children with guidance from parents. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age requirement
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the Services after any such updates take effect will constitute acknowledgement and (as applicable) acceptance of those changes. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide our Services. For example, we or our Service Providers may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our users so we can provide our Services to them. They also help us to maintain the security of our service.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with the Services. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during the registration process). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as click-through and other information) about use of the Services so that we can enhance and improve our Services. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
How Does Education Equity Group, LLC use Web Beacons and other Technologies?
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, and monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site. Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons.
We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to analyze the use of our service.
There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.